Cosko SC is a novel insecticide belonging to a new class Anthranilic diamide group and having claim on many crops as per label to control various lepidopteran pests.
Technical Name: Chlorantraniliprole 18.5% SC
Mode of Action: Chlorantraniliprole binds to ryanodine receptors in muscle cells causing the channel to open and release calcium ions (Ca+2) from internal stores into the cytoplasm causing muscle paralysis and ultimately death by starvation of the target pest.
Recommendation: Used to control various lepidopteran pests.
Crop, Trageted Pest and Dosage:
- Cotton: American bollworm, Spotted bollworm, Tobacco caterpillar - 150 ml/ha
- Groundnut: Spodoptera litura - 60 ml/ha
- Chili: Fruit borer 150 ml/ha
- Pigeonpea: Pod borer - 150 ml/ha
- Bengalmram: Pod borers - 125 ml/ha
- Blackgram: Pod borers - 100 ml/ha
- Soybean: Green Semi looper, Stem fly, Girdle beetle - 150 ml/ha
- Sugarcane: Termite, Early Shoot Borer, Top Borer - 500 - 625 ml/ha
- Rice: Rice stem borer (Scirpophaga incertulas) and Rice Leaf folder (Cnaphalocrocis medinalis) - 150 ml/ha
- Cabbage: Diamond Back Moth - 50 ml/ha
- Tomato: Fruit borer - 150 ml/ha
- Bittergourd: Fruit borers and Caterpillars - 100 - 125 ml/ha
- Okra: Fruit borer - 125 ml/ha
- Brinjal: Shoot and Fruit borer - 200 ml/ha